Well, here goes. This is an application for
I've worked on her design a few days and I'm quite satisfied with it, though most of the sketches came out better than the finished product. Her right leg especially didn't turn out right, so please ignore it
I'm really nervous as this is my first deviation ever; I wanted to join dA for a while now and this group finally made me do it. I sure hope I get accepted!
Name: Qiao [Chinese for 'proud, aspiring']
Nationality: Fire Nation
Job: Currently a part-time employee at a flower shop
- Chi-blocking: As part of the Equalists, Qiao knows how to effectively fight against benders by targeting their pressure points and relying on speed and precision.
- Racing: Since coming to Republic City, Qiao has acquired an odd fascination with Satomobiles and motorbikes. Despite not owning either, she can get any kind of vehicle to maximum speed quickly.
- Quick learner: If she is interested in something, Qiao will learn fast and easily. She also unconsciously picks up many things displayed around her, making her a jack of all trades unaware of her capabilities.
+ true to her words
+ embraces change
- easily frightened
- prone to jealousy
- trust issues
- indecisive / doubtful
- socially dependent / needs praise and reassurance
Qiao sat on a bench silently, holding the last of her dumplings in her hands. Around her, the people were busy with their daily lives; vendors praised their goods, restaurant staff cleaned the establishments before lunch hour rush and street performers showed their tricks and talents to astonished audiences while children’s laughter and cries could be heard in the background. Despite this, for Qiao the world seemed to stand still. She sighed and took a bite.
“Unemployed once again.” She said to no-one in particular and continued to stare blankly at the ground. She had uttered these words often enough for them to stop leaving a bitter taste in her mouth, but still, she was feeling slightly down. She had actually liked this job. Honestly, who would have thought the incredibly rude person who would not pay for his food had been a bender and a regular? Naturally, Qiao had kicked him out not-so-gently.
“Seriously, though, causing such a scene and destroying half of the furniture was rather over the top.” She grumbled to herself and finished off her dumpling. She stood up, then, wiped her hands off on her pants and mingled into the crowd. It was time to find a new job, after all.
- She came to Republic City alone to find opportunities for non-benders when she was 17. She has been changing jobs frequently ever since.
- Her father and younger brother are both firebenders and run a renowned workshop in their hometown. Her family sends her some money every few months to support her usually low income although she has left her surname behind as to make a new beginning and to be recognized for herself.
- She is equally infatuated with animals as she is hopeless with them.
- Her Fire Nation cooking is fairly decent, but she is hopeless with any other dishes.
- She hates having her hair down.
- She does not hate benders per se; she just had one too many bad encounters with them and tries to find her place in a society which, in her experience, often prefers benders over nonbenders.
- She's quickly cold, but still always wears sleeveless clothing. It's a habit from before she came to Republic City she is unable to lose.
- Loves jewelry made from pearls.
- Has got a [buddhist] prayer bracelet. She usually holds on to it when she's scared, nervous or simply bored. She often asks the spirits for help or guidance in dire situations, despite being from the Fire Nation. The habit has formed in her first months in Republic City.
Really cool character! She's so lovely I wanna hug her *hugs the screen*
And thanks a lot for your nice words! : )
her name can be Nalitha she is of the southern water tribe yet she as a baby was blessed by the sun so she was able to firebend and lavabend. have her be in a outfit like ty-lee exept to have it be blue/green. please can you do this i now it would be a challenge but i cant find one een remotly close to what i want
Actually, the group doesn't allow such characters, not even the series itself- you're suggesting firebending, waterbending AND earthbending (to lavabend it is required to be an earthbender) so she would be almost as powerful as the Avatar? You can have a character like this, for sure, but do not try to fit her in the group nor the logic of the series... 'cause it is not possible :c
Oh my gosh, I'm flattered you would think she's mega waffle awesome *v* No-one has called her mega waffle awesome yet. Thank you very much~!
And sure, I'd love to RP with you. Your character looks really cute, too. Feel free to drop me a note whenever, if you'd like!
Really?!! OH my glob!!! Thank you so much!!! And also, I'm so sorry but could you possibly send a starter if its not too much trouble? I tend to be tongue tied when doing starters for Rps But after that, it'll be smooth sailing from there! I promise!
I'll take your word on that, then. Thanks again C:
You're welcome! And sure, I'll send a starter your way sometime soon. I'm a little bit busy at the moment, but you can expect it today or tomorrow, if that's fine with you.
went OH MY GAWD BEAUTIFUL *STAAARE WIDELY XD
I had some trouble with which pose to choose and I worked a lot on her clothing design, so this means a lot to me.
and she looks like a great character
Congrats on getting in!